I started to believe in Jesus thanks to your videos on YouTube and on igod. I saw a lot of the videos and then I ordered a New Testament and I started to read it.
For me, Yeshua is the Messiah, the Son of David, the beloved Son of the Creator who came through the Holy Spirit.
I know of one other Messianic Jew who believes in secret.
What to know
- There are approximately 30,000 Messianic Jewish believers in Israel today, but many people who come to faith from a Jewish background think they are the only one!
- The New Testament is generally considered taboo and even dangerous in Jewish circles. You cannot buy it in Israeli bookshops. When Jewish people finally get hold of a copy and dare to read it, they are usually surprised by how Jewish it is.
- Following Jesus, or even contemplating it, is considered off-limits in Jewish Israeli society. It is seen as a betrayal of your Jewish heritage, even though Jesus was Jewish! For that reason, the anonymity of the internet is the perfect place for seekers to find the answers they’re looking for.
- Jews who accept Yeshua as their Messiah are often outcast from their family, and face social rejection.
How to Pray
- Pray that this person would be encouraged and strengthened as they grow in their faith.
- Pray that many more would get hold of the New Testament—and read it for themselves.
- Pray for courage and wisdom for new believers as they share their discoveries with others.
- Pray for us, as we support seekers and new believers who want to follow Jesus even though the cost is high.