We were shocked this morning in Israel to receive a lawsuit against not only us, but also against Youtube (/Google)! The notice came from a large law firm located in a Jewish-Orthodox religious area, which was previously associated with an infamous anti-missionary organization, demanding that we:
- Take down & delete all our evangelistic videos promoting Jesus in Hebrew.
- Pay a quarter of a million dollars in compensation!
This demand comes only a few days after the groundbreaking debate between our Dr. Eitan Bar and Rabbi Chaim Sheitrit, in which the rabbi failed in defending the Rabbinic Oral Law. We could hardly believe it! It’s utterly outrageous. Is this the beginning of the end for free speech, and freedom of religion for followers of Jesus in Israel?
What’s the problem?
The problem is that our videos are working too well! The official complaint is that Jewish teenagers are coming to faith in Yeshua (Jesus) and there are rabbis and Orthodox Jewish families who are deeply upset that their family members turned to Jesus. Jewish people putting their faith in Jesus is an extremely controversial and even emotional issue, but Israel is supposed to be a democracy with freedom of religion. There’s no way we should be silenced just because people are coming to faith!
We should be allowed to share our views. And we’re going to continue preaching the good news about Jesus no matter what!
For our friends who have been following our progress, it might not be too surprising that it happened right after Dr. Eitan Bar so successfully debated with a rabbi in public… a video that is going viral in Israel, putting us and the name of Jesus on the map!
“Do not be afraid;
keep on speaking,
do not be silent.”
We don’t know what will happen or whether the case will be upheld, but we really need your help and support right now!
How Can You Help:
- Pray for wisdom in the process, for our persecutors, and especially that many more will hear the good news as a result of this lawsuit.
- Please pray that the lawsuit is not successful and that God will turn the tables for us. Please also pray that a legal precedent is set, allowing followers of Jesus to freely live and share their faith without this kind of harassment.
“Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me.” (Matthew 5:11)
- Please SHARE and forward this information on social media, emails, blogs, and in any possible way!!
- Please consider helping in a practical way by donating below to our fund opened to cover the legal costs related to the lawsuit:
If you would like to donate to this cause, please do so in the following form: